Youth ministry is a shared ministry in partnership with parents. We know, that as parents, you have a tough job. We want you to know that you are not alone! We are continuing to explore how we can best partner with you, support you and equip you.
Parent Listening Session
On Sunday June 11th from 10:30-11:15 or 12:15-1:15 we are going to host a parent listening session. Both of these times will be the same material and format, so no need to come to both, but I hope you will be able to come to one of them.
The purpose of this will be for us to simply listen to you as parents to discern how we can best support you. We hope to hear your thoughts about the youth ministry in at least the following categories:
- What are we doing well?
- What could we be doing better?
- Is there anything we are not doing that we should be?
- How are we doing in terms of communication?
- How can we as the youth ministry team support you as a parent?
- What are the biggest challenges you face as a parent?
- What do you need most from us?
- What does your teen most need from us?
We will also be giving out free bookss for you from the list below that we hope will be meaningful and helpful:
- The Parents Guide To Helping Teens in Crisis – Rich Van Pelt
- Right Click: Parenting Your Teenager in a Digital Media World – Kara Powell, Art Bramford, Brad Griffin
- The Sticky Faith Guide For Your Family: Over 100 Practical and Tested Ideas to Build Lasting Faith in Your Kids: Kara Powell
- Almost Christian: What the Faith Of Our Teenagers is Telling the American Church – Kenda Creasy Dean
We also have a blog that is specifically designed for parents. There are weekly posts around the topics of youth culture, child and teen faith development, parenting and faith, and much more. In addition to the weekly posts are tons of resources on the menu bar including: Parent Tips, Newsletter, EBooks, Articles and more. Please check out the blog as we hope these resources are meaningful and helpful to you. (You can also link to the blog in the sidebar at right.)