Here at FUMC we trying to grow in our ways of connecting with you through many platforms. As we grow in this area we hope to use social media to foster stronger community, engage in honest dialogue, strengthen our faith, and celebrate the fun in life.
Here are the apps we are using this year and the ways you can follow us, stay up to date and contribute!
Twitter – @FairfaxUMYF – easy way to keep you updated on youth happenings and to celebrate the youth
Instagram – Fairfaxumcfusion – pictures of all things youth!
Pinterest – Fairfax UMC Youth Group – find great ideas for growing in your faith, envisioning a more worshipful youth room space, and see fun memes. Since it’s Pinterest, the possibilities are limitless!
Website – http://www.fairfaxumc.org/youth/
Tout – @FairfaxUMYF – 15-second videos to highlight announcements, offer encouragement, connect with the youth, and have fun
YouTube – FUMCYouthGroup UMYF – videos from youth group, mission trips, youth group outings and videos created for spiritual growth
Texting – text fairfaxumc to 95577 to join our group texting service for reminders and updates about events
Postagram – e-postcards will be sent to youth as simple ways of encouragement and care
Journey Maker – 2 weeks worth of devotions will be given out every month. Through scripture, music and video you can grow in your faith through a few minutes devoted to God each day. You can follow either by email or text
Lead Small – an app used by our youth counselors to help with our Sunday night small groups
Dougout – a youth ministry app that allows us to create personalized prayer cards for each youth so we can give them out to the congregation
Fun Ways You Can Get Involved!
- Join in a monthly I Spy Instagram Contest
- Create a Bible Study or devotion to share with the group
- Create a video about a youth event, and/or make one from our activities on Sunday nights.
- Send an e-postcard to a fellow youth or to a youth counselor
- Celebrate each youth’s birthday
- Help us connect to youth outside of the church through social media
And any other way you can think of!
What We Aim To Do With These Outlets
- Offer resources for spiritual growth such as Bible studies, videos, devotions, music and more.
- Share photos and videos of youth events
- Offer encouragement to youth, parents and our counselors
- Create videos, e-postcards, banners and photos to highlight youth events, worship practices, affirmation notes and much more